Low flow and 0 psi on sand filter

You may have a couple issues at once. For example, the PSI not moving could be a bad gauge. Was the pool closed for the winter? If so, did you remove the gauge or bring the filter out of the elements? The low flow could be algae overwhelming the filter, but then you can't tell "if" the gauge is defective.

If none of those apply, you could have a possible obstruction in your suction line. Check to ensure water flows easily from the pool suction port to the pump. Last item ..... any chance you have the hoses connected backwards? It happens more than you would think, so double check.

Reactions: collinsj102
Thanks! It's a brand new filter and the pool was taken down during the winter, so I don't think that's the problem. I will check the hoses tomorrow to see if they have any obstructions. I think I have the hoses connected correctly... they were both 1.5" hoses of the same length.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.