Low energy maintenance mode?

May 31, 2008
PA
I currently own a home with an in-ground SWG pool and I’m familiar with maintenance of that system. I just bought another house (no pool) but with an outdoor spa that is filled and appears to be running at 95 degrees for now. I won’t be moving into this home and using the spa for a few more months, so what’s the smartest way to reduce energy costs and future maintenance for the spa when I’m ready? Just lower the temp (to what?) and keep it circulating on low for a few months, or is there a prescriped low maintenance/energy approach I should be using for the next few months?

If I leave it full and covered and just maintain the chlorine level for the next month or two until it warms up enough to drain/clean/refill, is it safe to lower the temp to save on electricity? Is there a minimum temp to keep it at? I’m in Pennsylvania, so the daily temperature range is still 25-45 right now.

I think you will find the spa thermostat has a minimum temperature that you can set it to. Crank it down to the minimum temperature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.