Loving our SWG!!

TresW

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 26, 2008
Forney, TX
Hey all, I haven't posted in a while but wanted to pop in and say our Pentair IC-40 has made life sooooo much easier! We switched over last summer and it has been a breeze maintaining the pool since then. We added some Purple Magic and CYA shortly after bringing the SWG online and had to add salt once about 6 months later. Other than that we've just been adding acid once a week and adjusting the SWG percentage based on the weather (it was down to about 5% during the winter months). Being in TX we didn't need to close the pool for the winter. We have the TF100 test kit and do the full tests once a month and partial tests weekly. The maintenance has been so easy, we love it! The pool has remained crystal clear ever since it was put in early last year (we started with an inline chlorinator, then BBB, now BBB/ SWG).

We added a clear solar cover this year and WOW, it has made a huge difference. I kept a spreadsheet on the temps to verify how good the cover works and have been very impressed with the results. The cover is maintaining the water over 10 degrees above last year with similar weather. Impressive! The water has been hovering in the 88 degree range even though the air high temps have been well below that (the water was 68 when we put the cover on a month ago). The water feels fantastic! We had considered adding solar, but we don't need it with the cover. The cover has also eliminated evaporation, since putting the cover on about a month ago we have not added a drop of water to the pool (it has rained a few times, but last year we had to add water a couple of times a week to recover from evaporation).

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and add my 2 cents to the SWG info here :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.