Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2019
North TX
Pool World,
lighting recommendations????
any Pool/backyard lights ya LOVE?
LED? Halogen? Incandescent?
Color? Straight white ?
I like a bright pool light-so not sure if color changing will bring enough bright light to backyard pool area.
Then again
color changing sound cool!
Does color changing sacrifice brightness for “cool” ? Can one have both ?
I overdosed on YouTube videos last night ‘how to replace wall in/ground wall pool light bulb’ ....and ‘how to replace entire light fixture’ my fixture is Over 15 years old, Hoping I can get away with simple bulb change
...splicing old cord to new & pulling cord thru looks tricky 🥴 ...... not sure if I can manage a silicon seal underwater ...
watching changing Pool light videos has me not wanting to scrape old silicon off! I darn sure don’t wanna end up pulling the old cord thru until attaching new end to old first ...probably need to force at least one kid off x box to hold Cord secure by breaker box ....????
No wonder the pool tech’s charge a bit for this ...

There are mixed reviews on the forum regarding color changing LED lights and their longevity. Did you make any decision?
It is always best to have 2 people to pull the cord thru conduit. There are good videos to show how to tie the cords together to ensure nothing pulls apart in middle of conduit. You will need to pull a tape through when removing the old light cord, they use the tape to pull the new light cord through. not foolproof but doable with a little patience and 2 people.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.