Flower Mound, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Does anyone have any experience with louvered patio covers, especially in the DFW area? We have a great patio space, but no protection from rain. It’s heavily shaded, so sun protection isn’t an issue. I can already tell from discussions with custom builders that a traditional roofed structure will be expensive - probably high 5 figures, higher if we add a fireplace. Compounding the issue is the free form nature of our patio and the 2 story back wall of the house that has 8 large windows (4 on 1st story, 4 on 2nd story). Those windows are in our living room and we don’t want to wreck the view. There’s no good way to attach to the house unless attached in the section between the windows, which I don’t think would look good.

That’s a long-winded way of getting to my original question another louvered covers. I came across these Adjustable Louvered Patio Roofing - Outdoor Elements and liked the look. I like the flat roof aspect, as that will not detract from the look of our back windows. There are a number of similar manufacturers of these things.

Anyone have any experience with them?

At our last house we had a louvered patio cover with motorized control. It worked really well to keep out the rain when closed and was really well built (I think they were Equinox). At our new house, when we built the patio we decided that we wanted something more substantial so we built a 2 story patio cover that incorporates an upstairs balcony. In case you are wondering somebody sent me that picture from their drone.

Attachments

• IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 82
Thanks @martinkennedy. Your patio and kitchen area look great! Any other comments you may have on Equinox would be greatly appreciated. I met with a rep last week and am meeting with a Struxure rep tomorrow. I really don’t have the need for the louvered aspect, but I love the look of the products and need something with little to no pitch. While we get some strong winds, they rarely exceed 40-50 mph unless it’s a tornado. 😊

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.