Losing prime on filter setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky13F

Jun 9, 2020
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Well now it is morning --- and zero water loss. Which I hope means there is no underground leak.
Today I am going to go take a look at that O-Ring.

To leave my pump / filter running all night - all I needed to do is tell my Electric Company my bank account and routing number and how to access my retirement savings...

OK. Truth is -- I have a timer on it -- I just removed the pin settings so it had no shut off [or start] on it -- the dial just spins and spins.

My water level was "perfect" -- meaning there is a little mark on the skimmer of where the pool should be filled to -- in general -- and that is where I stopped fillng it with the hose yesterday - and where it still is.

So -- just checked the O-Ring and it looked pretty good -- but I wiped it down and lubed it up and primed up that whole area and started the filter again. Will go back in a few and look to see if it looks any different in terms of the water level staying constant and psi.

The pool guys I wanted to come and look just called and have a cancellation today -- but it's $135 just o drop by --- I'd love to avoid that -- but well...

Lucky13F

Jun 9, 2020
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
OK -- sorry for now triple posting... but I think this is something you NEED to know ASAP

I put my filter in backwash, rinse, and back to filter and watched each for a couple minutes. The flow is uninterrupted and strong.

Again - I cleaned it all up and lubed the crepe out of it. By the way -- would love to know the proper name for this thing.

I hope this makes a difference for you too -- one that lasts.

Pic 1: Filter
Pic 2: Backwash
Pic 3: Rinse

20200616_083403.jpg20200616_083403.jpg

20200616_083536.jpg20200616_083723.jpg

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
It's time to start over on this thread as it has been hopelessly hi-jacked. Threads cannot be handled logically if more than one person is asking questions.

So, I am locking this thread. Both lucky13F and RIPpoolguy19 can start their own individual threads and the conversation can resume but DO NOT hi-jack another's thread by asking your own questions inside an already started thread........start your own new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.