Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So my pool construction is currently at a halt while I pick out plaster. I have read everything I can find on here and looked at every pic I can find as well. The problem I run into is, the more I read, the more conflicting information I get. And yes, I do understand the many variables that can effect the color such as lighting, surroundings etc. It just seems there is no consistent pattern even taking these variables into consideration.
I thought Stonescapes Tropics Blue Mini Pebble was perfect for what I'm trying to achieve but it turns out I may be wrong based on member comments and pics. I was thinking tropics blue would be a happy medium between tahoe blue and midnight blue giving me a darker blue turquoise water than the tahoe blue but not as dark and "lagoony" as midnight blue. But from what I'm reading, people are finding tropics blue to turn out lighter than tahoe blue and with less turquoise or green hues. I've also read about some choosing a "reverse tahoe blue." If I'm trying to achieve a darker blue/green water and maintain an overall gray plaster for my tanning ledge can anyone give me any suggestions? I like the idea of mini pebbles but I'm also open to quartzscapes as well. I'm including a pic of what I'm trying to achieve. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Stonescapes Tropic Blue Regular Pebble.jpg
    Stonescapes Tropic Blue Regular Pebble.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: TikiParadise
I think Tropics Blue may be your best bet if you want the grey undertones. If you really want green, maybe you need to try a tan.
StoneScapes Mini Pebbles Sand Mini | Pool Finishes | NPTpool.com

Do you have to go with Stonescapes? I know this is out there, but Wet Edge has a plum that is an aquamarine. Definitely more on the green side.
Wet Edge | Products | Plum (wetedgetechnologies.com)

Or PebbleSheen Bordeaux
Pool Surfaces Water Color Tool - Pebble Tec
Thanks for the reply! My PB primarily uses NPT products because that's what he knows and is comfortable with. Some of the pics I find of Tropics Blue look exactly like what I want but then I'll run across other pics where it looks much lighter and without any turquoise to it. I had no idea how frustrating picking out plaster would be haha

Reactions: Nikilyn
We have Signature Matrix "Cadet Blue" Wet Edge and it turned out medium ... at one point it was hard to tell this color from Tahoe....we love how it turned out.

Attachments

• 63181894287__55CAA515-2C6D-4906-ACE8-716D0E0DCF97.jpg
    63181894287__55CAA515-2C6D-4906-ACE8-716D0E0DCF97.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: GeauxTigerz
The photo in your first post is a pretty good representation of Tropics Blue. We had it in our previous pool and loved the color. We want to go a little darker this time just to switch it up, but the tropics was beautiful in our old pool. I am agonizing over all of the options as well, but don't overthink it.

The photo in your first post is a pretty good representation of Tropics Blue. We had it in our previous pool and loved the color. We want to go a little darker this time just to switch it up, but the tropics was beautiful in our old pool. I am agonizing over all of the options as well, but don't overthink it.
Thank you for the reply! I’ve seen so many variations in the look of tropics blue it’s been a little nerve racking to say the least. After getting a quote back to upgrade to stonescapes from Quartzscapes, it’s looking like I’m going to stay with Quartzscapes unfortunately. Now to figure out how to replicate that color in quartz 🤦🏻‍♂️. French gray is looking like it may have potential

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
we are currently filling the pool which is the Tahoe blue with three times the black 6/6 blend / With a touch of glass- one black and one blue— the reverse black is a 10-2 blend but our plaster who has a ton of experience said that would look blotchy at the corners because of the lighter tahoe base— it is turning out so far to look a perfect darker turquoise- I know it will change as the weeks progress..

Reactions: GeauxTigerz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.