Missouri Valley IA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Have a swg.My salt level is 2800. Can not keep chlorine level up. Last year I only added bleach about every other day. This year its every day. This morning there was zero chlorine in pool! Just added 89oz of bleach to bring it up to4. My cya is 80. Any thoughts?

How much chlorine can your SWCG generate in a day? How long are you running your SWCG each day? Do you have algae? What are your test results?

Can you give us a full set of test results?
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

You may have a nascent algae bloom brewing.... ? How's your water look?

Are you testing your salt independently from the device? I never trust the device personally. How old is the cell? Could it need cleaning?

Maddie :flower:

Can you give us a full set of test results?
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

You may have a nascent algae bloom brewing.... ? How's your water look?

Are you testing your salt independently from the device? I never trust the device personally. How old is the cell? Could it need cleaning?

Maddie :flower:
FC 4.5 after bleach
Cc 0
Ph 7.6
Ta 80
Cya 80
My swg doesn't give readings. Only shows if salt is to high/low. Been running it 9 hrs a day.

That is the Krystal Clear. In 9 hours, it can add 2.6 ppm FC to your pool each day. That is likely not enough this time of year. You either need to run the SWCG more each day or add liquid chlorine each day to make sure your keep the FC above the minimum as shown in FC/CYA Levels

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
11 grams per hour is 9.3oz per day
9.3 oz per day in your 10700 gallons is 3.4ppm 6.5ppm of FC.
At 9 hours a day, that is less than 2.5ppm, 1.3ppm of FC.
Unfortunately that likely isn’t enough to replace the FC lost each day. Use liquid chlorine (bleach) to bring the FC up to 7ppm. Then run the SWG at 12 hours to see if you can maintain FC.

Last edited:
That is the Krystal Clear. In 9 hours, it can add 2.6 ppm FC to your pool each day. That is likely not enough this time of year. You either need to run the SWCG more each day or add liquid chlorine each day to make sure your keep the FC above the minimum as shown in FC/CYA Levels
Thank you. I did increase run time today.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.