Looking to heat a 20x40 pool (NY) what are my best options?

Shanx

Apr 8, 2021
NY
I finally have my pool up and running. However, I want to add a heat source to it. It’s a 20x40 about 55,000 gallon pool that sits in the sun for most of the day.

I don’t have natural gas, and from what I’ve gathered, my best option would be propane or even maybe solar?

I’m just looking for some suggestions on these two.

I’d like to have the pool at a nice 70 degree constantly.

If I were to go the propane route, what size tank would be best for this? I don’t mind spending more upfront to save in the long run.

I’m also open to the idea of install solar (Not just for the heater, but entire house) if anyone has experience with this!

If your goal is to maintain the pool at a constant temp during the normal swimming season electric heat pumps are an option for you.

Solar heat panels would be work well too. Your goal of only 70 degree water is pretty low and should be fairly easy to achieve.

Propane will work. Tends to be very costly to use long term. But again your water temp goal is low so that might not be as bad.

Do you plan on using a solar cover when the pool isn't being used?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.