looking for your pool bonding wire connection and i can't find it

Sharelick

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2020
Sharon, Ma
My pool which was built around 30 years ago and the town has lost half the records from back then. But 6 months ago my contractor took out my old equipment and never noticed or never found a bond wire. He Put in a new patio and all that, placed e- conduit and moved the pool lines to the opposite sideof the pool where I built a new pad. When I went to connect all the new equipment, my electrician said, there no bond wire here.
So my GC came back and found a single wire that was going around the pool and spliced into that and ran it to the new equipment. But I don’t know for sure if everything is connected, and my electrician said there should be two wires that return to the pool pad, not just the one. Any thoughts? Plus it Sounds like I too need to grab the detector and check all the handrails and lights.

Why would there need to be 2 bonding wires. When I redid mine it was one large copper wire attached to the pool walls wrapped around the pool connected to each ladder and connected to the rebar in the concrete then that single copper wire run to the pad then each pump heater is connected to that single bond wire

Why would there need to be 2 bonding wires. When I redid mine it was one large copper wire attached to the pool walls wrapped around the pool connected to each ladder and connected to the rebar in the concrete then that single copper wire run to the pad then each pump heater is connected to that single bond wire

My electrician (who did the inside of my house) said there’s only one wire. But that it should start from the pool equipment, go all around the pool attaching to each piece of metal that needs to be bonded, then return back to the pool equipment with that same small gauge bare copper wire. The 2nd electrician, which hooked up the pool equipment, has no problem with it being just the one wire.

I will send a picture of what I’ve got and get the multimeter out and do some testing with current running through the bond wire.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.