Looking for some help with high nitrate level

Scratch the ammonia regimen comment. The last numbers you showed had CYA at 0.

You need to drain at least 40%. Be aware draining a vinyl liner pool has risk. Do not drain more than to the top of the bottom step in the shallow end. If you have high water tables in your area you may want to limit the drain to just 12-18" from the top. May need multiple drain/refills.

Take care.

That was going to be my next step. Should I keep trying to get the FC to register first before displacing water? Thanks

Have you been doing the CC portion of the fas-dpd chlorine test? That would have told you whether you have ammonia when you started.

CC dropped yesterday from .8 to .6 I started draining water today. I’m over it at this point. Started out putting in 32lbs of dichlor and then switched over to the liquid sodium hypochlorite. This far, I’ve put 18 bottles of that stuff in. This thing is at a loss. At this point, water displacement seems to be the best option. I have a vinyl liner with a high water table. To prevent liner issues, I put a small sump pump in the shallow end and have the hose refilling at the deep end

Attachments

• D4D088C1-36C2-412D-8B8A-359FEE736955.jpg
    D4D088C1-36C2-412D-8B8A-359FEE736955.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 32
You should switch where the pump/hose are. The pump should be at the bottom of the deep end and refill right at the surface, putting the hose in the skimmer works. The new water is less dense so it'll tend to stay at the surface of the water

Depends. If the fill water is significantly colder than the pool water then how the OP has it is best. Especially if all we are dealing with is high CYA. In a salt pool with 1000+ppm CH, the answer may be different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.