Sep 17, 2021
Beaumont, CA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I need to replace my wireless connection parts.... both the inside and outside units but not the adapter. Problem is I can't find my particular p/n 523434. Pentair doesn't have an online store and the online stores don't have them in stock! Can I use a different model or will I have to replace the whole system?

Welcome to TFP.

Parts are in short supply right now. You may have to buy an entire kit to get the parts you need, if you can even find the kit available.

You could try the auction site... I frequently see wireless connection kits for sale there for around 150. Alternatively - and depending on distance - you could hard wire it with a 4-conductor wire. If you feel like tinkering you could possibly use any old rs485 wireless transceiver pair that can be found from the usual chinese sources (disclaimer! I have not tried any yet).

Check out this post from another smart tfp'er, @Telemachus... he first moved his protocol adapter out to the low voltage part of his panel and paired it with a cheap access point. He later scrapped the PA altogether and went with njs-poolController, a system that's being used by some other tfp'ers...

Hope that helps!
Tom

You might have to buy the entire kit bundle, manufacturer part #: 522104. Either way, good luck as parts are scares due to the virus and companies having staffing shortages.

You might have to buy the entire kit bundle, manufacturer part #: 522104. Either way, good luck as parts are scares due to the virus and companies having staffing shortages.
Thanks very much. I was fortunate to find a pentair warranty technician locally who came out and replaced the receivers. It works great now!

Reactions: ogdento and ps0303
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.