Looking for robotic pool cleaner suggestions

TheSadClown

Jan 22, 2020
Surf City, NC
Hello,

I just got a Trilogy 14x32 7 foot deep pool installed the other month and I really want to get a robotic cleaner. I was looking on Amazon and there are just so many to choose from. I went to a few other websites and was able to pull up a compare option but im still at a loss.

I do know what features im looking for however.

I really want a robot I can control via my phone
I want one that will clean the waterline

Other than that I want to keep it under $1500

Any advise or recommendations would be appreciated.

TSC,

Call Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa... I can't think of any reason that I would need to control my robot with my phone... :scratch:

Before I bought my current Dolphin S200, I had a Premier that came with a remote.. I used it once in five years and that was the first time I put it in my pool.. With the S200 I drop it in the pool and walk away..

Costs $699 with no tax and free 2 day shipping, 2 year warranty.

They also have plenty of robots with phone apps... for more money of course.. :mrgreen:

Margaret can point you to the best robot for you. You might have to call a few times as they are really busy..

Thanks,

Jim R.

We have the Polaris 9650IQ. It does an exceptional job on the floor, walls, steps and tile line. Its easy to clean, too.

It comes with the telephone app but as Jimrahbe said there's no real use for it. Simply drop it in the pool and turn it on.

All great suggestions above. Instead of getting your head wrapped around the phone app model you can get robots that get scheduled to run per settings via the control unit. The only thing they won't do is go into the water from the pool deck. Leave it in the water and the job gets done.

TSC,

That might help if you have tables or something else you want to work around.. But for a normal pool, it is just not necessary. I have a more or less rectangular pool... If I have one dime sized leaf on the pool floor and I throw my S200 in, and come back in two hours, the leaf will be gone.. every time..

That said, if I stand there and watch it ,will not pick up the leaf until I go in to use the bathroom.. :mrgreen: I swear it knows when I am watching.

I have no problem if you want a Robot with all the bells and whistles, but it is not something that most users "need"..

Thanks,

Jim R.

TSC,

That might help if you have tables or something else you want to work around.. But for a normal pool, it is just not necessary. I have a more or less rectangular pool... If I have one dime sized leaf on the pool floor and I throw my S200 in, and come back in two hours, the leaf will be gone.. every time..

That said, if I stand there and watch it ,will not pick up the leaf until I go in to use the bathroom.. :mrgreen: I swear it knows when I am watching.

I have no problem if you want a Robot with all the bells and whistles, but it is not something that most users "need"..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Is the Dolphin Sigma any good? It shows triple motor and gyroscope, do either of these really matter?

TSC,

I am not really the right guy to ask, as I like simple.. Since my S200 cleans my pool perfectly for $700, I can't think of any reason that I would need something better for more money..

That said, any of the newer Dolphin robots certainly won't clean any less than the S200 and they all do have some added features.

Let's see if we can get some of our other members to chime in...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the Pentair 930, which is the same as the Dolphin Premium/Active 30. It has bluetooth, I can drive it with my phone, and it has the caddy.

I love the caddy as it is holds the control center, is easy to move around, and gives a good home for the robot when not in the water.

I can drive it with my phone and have done it a few times, but not something I would use on a regular basis. Its kinda gimmicky and frustrating at times, but it was functional since I was able to drive it to pickup a rock in the deep end the other day. I also dropped it in the spa and drove it around for a few minutes to suck up some dirt at the bottom.

As another poster noted, you can schedule the robot, but that is all done at the control panel vs directly on your phone. In fact, for the app to connect via bluetooth to your robot, you have to walk over to the control panel and turn it on first.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: wireform
I have the Dolphin M400. It also comes with Bluetooth and the ability to drive it around the pool. I have used the drive function one time when there was a clump of mud that landed in the pool while we were working on landscaping. I run my robot daily (when the pool is open), but always remove it from the pool after each cycle. It has the caddie, which is great for storage and transit from the pool shed to pool side. I love the M400, I simply drop it in the pool and come back 2 hours later. But, I probably wouldn't have been able to justify the price tag (~$1300?) if it had not been included in the bid when our pool was built, I would have opted for something cheaper that does the same job.

I have the Dolphin M400. It also comes with Bluetooth and the ability to drive it around the pool. I have used the drive function one time when there was a clump of mud that landed in the pool while we were working on landscaping. I run my robot daily (when the pool is open), but always remove it from the pool after each cycle. It has the caddie, which is great for storage and transit from the pool shed to pool side. I love the M400, I simply drop it in the pool and come back 2 hours later. But, I probably wouldn't have been able to justify the price tag (~$1300?) if it had not been included in the bid when our pool was built, I would have opted for something cheaper that does the same job.
I Just bought the M600 from Margret and afterward I checked with a local pool company that was an authorized dealer. She came back and said the MSRP was over $2500 and I asked what she can get it for which she replyed with "well I cant tell you that" I proceeded to say thank you but im going to check around. So glad you guys recommended Margret from Marina Pools

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiger56
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.