Looking for recommendations for an accurate way to test for metals in my pool

autotekk

Mar 22, 2022
St Marys, GA
Pool Size
I have a salt water pool and I use well water to fill my pool. My hardness level is 280. but I would still like to know what type of iron or other metals I might have in the pool. Looking for an accurate way to test for which metals I am high in

Metals testing is the only testing TFP recommends to have done at the pool store. This is simply because it is impractical for the average homeowner to purchase these tests as they are used very infrequently. You will want to have the pool water & the fill water tested for copper & iron.
All other testing should be done by you on a regular basis (some daily, some weekly, & some monthly) with a recommended test kit Test Kits Compared as most other pool store results in general can be flawed.

Are you having issues with staining of surfaces or hair/nails to suspect a metals issue?
Here’s some info on metals in pools & how to deal with them👇
Calcium hardness is different from total hardness.
The only one to worry with in regards to your pool is calcium hardness.
You need to test your fill water (note the ch so u are aware of what you’re working with) & monitor your pool water’s ch with your own kit. As This is one of the tests that can vary wildly at the pool store.
Taking advantage of rain water instead of from the tap can help slow ch rise & provide dilution.
Please fill out your signature- this helps us help you quickly with pertinent info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.