Looking for Advice on New Liner Install

jobondur

Dec 13, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
It's time for a new liner and I have a couple of questions.
  1. The guy I want to go with sells a liner that is manufactured by Dover Vinyl Products and is their Aqua Zone series. The company is American and their vinyl comes from either America or Canada. The thickness is 23 mil. The only problem is I can't find much of anything about this company as far as reviews on here or many other places. The other guy sells Merlin, which seems to be well regarded but I kinda like the Dover guy better and he's $250 cheaper as well. Anybody heard of this company or is the manufacturer really a big issue as long as the thickness is decent and the products are fully American? Both guys have excellent reviews on Angieslist and the Dover guy seems to do nothing but liners.
  2. What should I ask the installer with regards to what's included in the quote? The Dover guy said "everything is completely included - turnkey". The Merlin guy left it a little more vague. What questions should I ask in that regard.
  3. What's your input on textured liners? There are several options with texture but I'm unsure whether I'd want it or not. Any input?
  4. What's the consensus on what looks better for the non-border part? Pebbles or the aquarius (shimmery water) print?

As always, thanks for the input. This place is awesome...

I don't know if the Dover guy would include patching the pool floor if there are bad spots, or cleaning and replacing any rusted panels once the liner is off. Unless he stated specifically what all is included with their liner installation you don't really know what his version of turnkey is. What are the warranty details on the liners?

The warranty on the Dover is 27 year, 2 year full and can be found here

For Dover - The contract states touch up and minor repairs of bottom, foam walls, new face plates and gaskets for skimmers, returns, and main drain. Doesn't say anything about rusted panels but I can certainly ask him and write it onto the contract before signing and paying. He also said he'd give me 4 cans of spray paint to paint the coping (which is fine for me - I can do that easily). Is there anything else you would recommend me getting fully cleared up prior to going with him or any one else?

The main reason I want to go with this guy is because he has stellar reviews on Angieslist (48 reviews - every one of them an A rating). That coupled with the fact that I liked talking with the guy and had a general good feeling about him. I liked the other guy too but this guy I liked a little better. Also doesn't hurt that he's the cheaper option. Only thing holding me back is I can't find much about the manufacturer he uses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.