Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I want to get my wife a sterling silver locket. I got one from a site. I thought it would be a good quality locket since it was $150. But it is not. It feels like silver plated plastic. It isn't marked ".925" with a hallmark it just has a "ster" stamp. And the chain I think is hollow. I know I can get a decent silver chain anywhere but no clue where I can get a decent locket. I want a heavy silver locket that feels like it has some weight to it. Anyone have any recommendations? Gold has priced itself out of the market unfortunately.

Find a pro and have one made. Look for a silversmith jeweler near you and get exactly what you imagine. You might pay a bit more but it will be one of a kind and a quality piece handed down over generations. Source the silver first and save some $.

Find a pro and have one made. Look for a silversmith jeweler near you and get exactly what you imagine. You might pay a bit more but it will be one of a kind and a quality piece handed down over generations. Source the silver first and save some $.

I tried this before. It isn't a "little" more. If it is $100 for a commercial locket, it it $2000 for a custom piece. I tried to get a custom ring made once. I supplied all the materials. Jeweler gave me a price of $3500.

Like everything shop around. The old adage "you get what you pay for" is listed right next to "if you want something done right then....DIY"
You could also check pawn shops.

I want to get my wife a sterling silver locket. I got one from a site. I thought it would be a good quality locket since it was $150. But it is not. It feels like silver plated plastic. It isn't marked ".925" with a hallmark it just has a "ster" stamp. And the chain I think is hollow. I know I can get a decent silver chain anywhere but no clue where I can get a decent locket. I want a heavy silver locket that feels like it has some weight to it. Anyone have any recommendations? Gold has priced itself out of the market unfortunately.
My daughters love James Avery and I know they specialize in Silver.

Might be more than what you want to pay but Tiffany has lockets. I bought my daughter Tiffany stuff when she was a baby and over 25 years later, still looks great.

I looked at Tiffany and their prices are comical. I don't mind paying a little more for a name, but they are simply ridiculous.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.