Looking for a Hayward omnilogic expert

pjku79

Apr 17, 2015
San Antonio
Ok so it just dropped down to below 38 which out my automation into freeze mode last night. I'm the middle of the night I heard a really long pump and thought it was full of leaves. This morning I woke to an empty spa so I assume the loud pump was actually the pump running dry. Wonderful...

Tonight I stayed up until it dropped again. Initially it why into pool mode and pump from and into the pool while turning on the deck jets. This all seemed normal to me. Later it switched to pump from and into the spa, however it didn't turn off the deck jets so it was slowly draining the spa.

I could manually turn off the deck jets but I'm pretty sure next time it will turn them back on again. How do I go in and change it to only turn on the deck jets when the pulling from and into the pool?

Last edited:
Ok forget the heater, how do I fix the more important problem? Right now everytime it goes into freeze protection, it drains my spa and runs my pump dry cause the deck jets are on when they shouldn't be.

I deleted the heater question as to not distract from the real problem.

I think you should disable your deck jets for the winter. Blow out the line and disconnect the valve.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Sorry I'm late to the party. I'll be honest, I'm not sure what's going on. But, I'm sure we can figure it out. A few questions though:

Is your spa higher (elevated) than the pool?
Do you share pump/filter/heater between spa and pool?
Are the deck jets on an automatic valve that's controlled through the Omni?
Maybe an odd question, but where is your air temp sensor located?

It would help if you posted a picture of your equipment pad, to show all valves (maybe a 2nd picture) and plumbing. When sharing equipment AND an elevated spa, you need specifically located check valves. I know this sounds simple, but freeze protection can make everything worse as it basically cycles back and forth between pool and spa mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.