Looking for a better ladder/steps for my intex pool

knam

Aug 1, 2020
Mississippi
I am looking for a better ladder for my intex pool than than the one that came with it. The current one is pretty rickety and lacks a platform. Any suggestions?

magiteck

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Neenah, Wisconsin

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Just be aware that improving access to your pool improves access to your pool! Even when that access has "safety features" that inhibit access!! Check this out:

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Wow. I have a real gate, didn’t like the looks of that type of ladder. Looks aside, I never would have thought about a baby being able to climb it!

(No babies here, just dogs, but still!)

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Don't forget, you need to protect your pool from not only your roster at home, but those that come to visit, their kids, your grandkids, your neighbors' kids. Pets, too.

I don't mean to hijack this thread and turn it into a pool safety lecture, just pointing out that pool hazards are not always obvious, and stairs are tricky for all types of pools (that's why we have to put those cute little tiles on all are steps and benches, etc.)...

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Yep, no kids ever come around here, but I have dogs. I never wanted an inground pool because of that. I run a rescue group and we’ve had members whose dogs drowned. Awful.