Looking for 3/8” male to 3/8” female PVC coupling fitting

waterk9

Feb 9, 2020
Green Valley, AZ
Looking for a 3/8” male to 3/8” female PVC coupling fitting. The threads on my inlet pipe (float valve) have started to strip and I see that HDPoolguy had found a coupling that worked for him.
I have tried HD, Lowes and several PVC stores online. No Luck.
Any suggestions. I am down in southern Arizona.
Thanks.

Welcome to TFP.

This what you are looking for?

If not, scroll through here...

Last edited:
If you want a PVC 3/8" threaded female by 3/8" threaded male riser,
Google this: 3/8 PVC IPT ADAPTER MPTXFPT SCH40

You may wish to check with a local sprinkler supply to see if they stock that part.

Where is 85622? It would be best to put your city, state instead of zipcode.

Welcome to TFP.

This what you are looking for?

If not, scroll through here...

Thanks for the reply.
But no, I need a PVC fitting with threads on both ends male/female.

Thanks for the reply.
I am in Green Valley, Arizona...just south of Tucson.
I believe the Google search showed one hit in Tucson. Also try Sprinklerworld, Ewing or Horizon - all 3 have sprinkler parts and might have that fitting. May be easier to call around then drive up to the "big city".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Get a threaded toe nipple, cut it in half, glue it into a collar that is one side slip and other side threaded.

Or

Get a close 3/8 PVC nipple, the a threaded PVC collar

I would be surprised if they make a one piece nipple as your asking for as there would be no demand for it.

I think the OP wants to keep the fitting as short/compact as possible. I believe the intended use is on an auto-fill - and if like my in-deck auto-fill, uses a ballcock to supply and also adjust the water height. Mine has restricted distance between the top of the ballcock (similar to a Fluidmaster valve) and the lid (which is flush with the deck). Using a short nipple and a coupling instead of the above fitting would probably result in the overall assembly (nipple, coupler, ballcock) being too tall for the lid to fit correctly.

The link in this post is just one of several places that supply this fitting. If the OP does the Google search as suggested in post #3, there will be a list of possible suppliers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.