Looking at New Inground Build Offer - Ontario, Canada

charrie5378

Mar 3, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Hello TFP, just want some input on our pool quote/equipment. Pools in Southwestern Ontario are crazy expensive these days as with COVID hitting and everyone wanting to put in a pool we are looking at relatively the same price across pool builders (we've had a few quotes so far and this is the builder we are going with). We have a decent sized yard with a walkout basement (upper deck the full length of the house with stairs down) so we are hoping this will create our "backyard paradise" as both my spouse and I have jobs that don't really allow us to take vacations/go to cottages etc (on call). We have two young kids as well so that's a factor in our design.

Overview:
18x40 rectangle with tanning ledge and vinyl over steps
92,000L volume
116ft perimeter

Included in quote:
Highbury 14 Gauge Galvanized Steel Wall Panels – 18x40 Rectangle – 42” Panel, 2ft Rad Crs in Deep end
(2) Dual, Colored, Aqua Lamp, underwater, low voltage light package – LED bulb
Single track, top mount, Coping strip around pool perimeter (allows for Cantelever style deck over)
Supply/installation of 30ml, Vinyl liner to customer choice
Upgrade project with “Safety Blanket” winterization package – Complete installation
Upgrade project with side to side VOS with lounging ledge as per plan - includes 2 Stair jets on lounge ledge
Hayward, “Wide Mouth” skimmer/two (2) returns
Upgrade project with Hayward Salt system (T15 Cell with 5yr warranty)
Upgrade project with Hayward P-4 Automation panel with wireless “Aquapod”
Upgrade project with Hayward 525ft2 Cartridge Filter
Hayward 1HP, Super II – 2 speed pool pump
Hayward, 250,000 BTU, F/D, Electronic, N/G pool heater
Upgrade project with Hayward eVac pro Robotic Pool Cleaner – complete with Caddy
Maintenance kit (vacuum hose, pole/head, leaf skimmer, brush attachment, thermometer, test strips)
“Saftron” Ladder for deep end
Upgrade project with “Cleardeck” canister/blanket Combo
Upgrade project with “Smith” Diving board/base combo
Upgrade project with “Smith” white Handrail beside pool stair as per design – LADSAFRT448W
Included – 700ft2 Stamped concrete around pool perimeter
Included – Upgrade decking installation with Cantelever Coping finish around pool perimeter
Included - Fibermesh and 10ml Re-bar in all finish work as per standard
Upgrade installation to Second machine/Bobcat excavation and includes strip/dispose of all decking areas
Included – All trenching necessary for utilities (utilities by others)

All in with taxes looking at 90k. 10 percent deposit to hold install date after signing.

Any input as to the equipment provided in the quote? It's such a big decision and we want to ensure we enjoy it with friends and family for years to come. Installation would be Spring 2022. Your input is appreciated.

Attachments

• 2021layout.pdf
    4.4 KB · Views: 16
Hello and welcome! Looks like a great project. A few things I saw:

1. Don't go with any robot or vacuum option through the builder. Buy one yourself. Preferably a Dolphin S-series version.
  2. A 2-speed pump running on high is LOUD and inefficient. I'd recommend a variable Tristar 2.85HP pump.
  3. The Aquapod is very old technology. You want the Hayward AquaConnect so you can use your phone to control things.
  4. I would recommend 4 returns for that size pool.
  5. Salt cell is a proper size for your latitide.
  6. Filter size is properly oversized.
  7. If there is any money left in the budget, you may consider an autocover. Great at heat retention, safety and cleanliness. But $$$.

Hello and welcome! Looks like a great project. A few things I saw:

1. Don't go with any robot or vacuum option through the builder. Buy one yourself. Preferably a Dolphin S-series version.
  2. A 2-speed pump running on high is LOUD and inefficient. I'd recommend a variable Tristar 2.85HP pump.
  3. The Aquapod is very old technology. You want the Hayward AquaConnect so you can use your phone to control things.
  4. I would recommend 4 returns for that size pool.
  5. Salt cell is a proper size for your latitide.
  6. Filter size is properly oversized.
  7. If there is any money left in the budget, you may consider an autocover. Great at heat retention, safety and cleanliness. But $$$.
Awesome thank you!

1. We will go without the robot and get our own through a pool supplier.
2. We thought VS would be better as well but PB was saying automation and 2 speed is fine. Friends have VS and were encouraging us to go that way as well.
3. We were under the impression it was smartphone technology so we will clarify with PB.
4. I will inquire to add more returns.

7. The autocover looks amazing! Not sure how much it would add. We added the in-ground solar cover (cleardeck roller) but it is not automatic. Interesting points!!

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.