Longer back washing hose needed for Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump

NJSwimmom

May 4, 2020
New Jersey
I finally got my 12 x 24 Intex Ultraframe up and running yesterday. The problem is that the Intex flexible hose I am using for backwashing with the Intex Krystal Clear sand filter pump is way too short for my particular yard. The hose looks to be about 3 or 4 feet and I need a minimum of a 12 foot or longer hose specifically for backwashing only.

Can anyone recommend what I can do to lengthen the existing hose to 12 feet or longer or recommend an entirely new hose I can use at that length? This is extremely urgent because the pool is next to a slope and when I backwash, it’s going to automatically run down a hill and flood back under the pool with the current hose, even when I point the hose away from the pool. The longer hose will solve this problem.

Thanks! I actually just bought that hose in the 50 foot length. Now I’m trying to figure out how I would connect the end of that hose to the drain port of the Intex Krystal clear sand filter. Can I get away with just a metal clamp or is an adapter needed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.