Gold Supporter
Jun 29, 2021
South East Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I see that TFP states that storge of chlorine is best in a cool dark place and that areas of high heat will cause chlorine to lose some of its effectiveness. I have been storing chlorine in my sunroom because of the convenience of location to the pool but the sunroom gets no shade and is quite hot during the day. This makes me think that it is time to store chlorine in another area. It seems that in the basement would be the best place, but I just don't know if this is a good idea to keep chlorine in the house. What are your thoughts about storage in the house? Is it safe to do so? Are there any reasons I should not do this? I have another location which is a storage shed at the back of my yard which gets shade all day from surrounding trees. I keep the lawnmower, yard maintenance things and other pool related things in the shed. I would not be able to leave any leftover chlorine in the shed over the winter.

I store mine in my house in my laundry room and have never worried about it. Leaks are rare but can happen, so I get a small puddle of bleach on the floor. I wouldn't store it near ammonia.

Reactions: vantiem5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.