Liquid Chlorine- How Long Does It Keep It's Potency?

Joe Garcia

Apr 9, 2020
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm buying 10.5% Hypo from Leslie's and I'm in the middle of my first SLAM. SLAM is working great, but how long can the 2.5 gallons last before losing it's potency? Second question, maybe not for this thread, but how do I know how much chlorine to add during the SLAM? If I need to get to 15 ppm and I'm at 12, how much to add to get to 15? Is there a formula or do I just add a couple of cups and re-test? I'm using a TF-100 test kit.

but how do I know how much chlorine to add during the SLAM? If I need to get to 15 ppm and I'm at 12, how much to add to get to 15?
That's where the PoolMath APP (or PoolMath web page) are perfect. Those tools will tell you how much of anything to add to reach a goal.

Remember to always refer to the FC/CYA Levels so you know exactly what FC level too reach based on your current CYA>

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.