Liner's for above ground - questions

mag1

Jun 9, 2014
Greenville, Wi
HI, all. I decided my intex ultra has had it. I found an older, but in good shape doughboy 18'x48". it needs a new liner. with all the resin shortages, liners are getting hard to find, but places have orders coming in. Any recommendations on brand/thickness? 20mil/20gauge 25 gauge? I am in central wisconsin, so it will have to deal with winters. lol
thanks

Hi neighbor!

Thicker is better. My liner is Latham and I’m happy with it- I don’t know that brand is as important, though.

Right now with availability how it is I think most are taking whatever they can get.

Read the fine print on thickness measurements. I bought my liner maybe 5 years ago but my recollection was that, at least for above ground pools, the mil is not a standard measurement of thickness. That is, 25 mil is thicker than 20 mil for the same brand however 20 mil of brand A could be thicker than 25 mil for brand B.

thanks for the input, after a ton of searching, I found what I needed at a good price at Your Locally Owned & Operated Pool, Spa & Patio Store! out of Kenosha. they where very helpful, and reasonable in pricing. I got the Boulder Swirl pattern in a Perma 25 material. Now to re-prep the pad area, and get the new to me (used pool up) my wife and kids painted all of the parts to give it an updated look.

Reactions: magiteck
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.