Liner

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
Ok, I have a gusher . Found a BIG hole in liner then all of a sudden it was like the a white water rapids under my deck. Where is the best place to buy a liner and what gauge would be best? Any do' and dont's? Guess 10 years for the liner was not to bad. Then I have to find someone local to install. Looks like no swimming for the holiday :evil: Any help on liner info would be appreciated.

zea3

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Expert
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Check with the installer first. Some of them will not install it unless you buy it from them or the company they contract with. Do you know what caused the liner to break?

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
Do not know what caused the hole/tear. There is nothing sharp there and it is not where the steps sit. I figure it is just the age of the liner. It is right where the floor curves up the wall. Any suggestions on the gauge of liner to get?

Jeff74

Mar 10, 2010
Huntington, WV
I am going through the same thing. I have found lots of different 20 gauge, but limited 25 gauge. I went with the 20 gauge. Is installing it something that most people can tackle or should I call someone? What is a good price for paying someone to do it?

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
Jeff74 said:
I am going through the same thing. I have found lots of different 20 gauge, but limited 25 gauge. I went with the 20 gauge. Is installing it something that most people can tackle or should I call someone? What is a good price for paying someone to do it?
Jeff I am a pretty good DIYER but I am letting someone else install mine. He is doing it for $400.00 for the liner and $50.00 for the Gorilla bottom.