Liner tear around intake

RiscIt

Jun 21, 2016
Western Maine
So apparently I didn't lower the water level enough over the winter and snow and ice built up around the intake, weighted it down, and pulled it down so hard that it pulled out and tore the liner.

Is this salvageable? Any way to patch it? Picture attached. It's a 16'x48' Intex Ultraframe on a landscaped pad in the side of a hill. I can't seem to find a new 16' liner anywhere (looks like they don't make it anymore), and moving to a larger pool means a lot of expensive landscaping work to expand the pad, let alone the cost of the new pool. It may be a moot point as over the past 2 years we'e seen more and more of the fuzzy fibers fraying along to top of the edge railing, so I don't know how long that's going to last anyway.

Any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_6873.jpg
    IMG_6873.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Blacklisted. With only one reply, however, we weren't all that confident. Found a Summer Waves Elite 16'x48" Premium Frame at walmart for $277. I'll retro fit our sand filter to it. Thanks again.

I would have no problem patching that. I had a nice 1-2" slice from a old metal security bars that I was using to keep my dogs from digging around my pool with. They pushed it into the pool wall and it sliced it. I patched inside and out and had no problems. You can always keep the liner if it will fit your new frame or keep everything if you have the space. Glad you are back on track for pool season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.