Liner replacement

MSTRSHIFU

May 22, 2020
New Jersey
Hello everyone. I have an 18' x 24' x 48" oval pole pool. I am planning on replacing my liner due to a hole in the liner that washed out my cove and created a large crater along the wall on one end. I've been watching and researching a lot about this. One thing I cannot figure out is how to get out of the pool once I'm done getting the wrinkles out of liner. All the videos show them in the pool laying out the liner, kicking it against the wall while the shop vac is running then filling it up with water till the floor is covered and then shutting off the shop vac. How am I supposed to get out of the pool once at this point? Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't see a way to get out without possibly damaging the liner or putting a dent in the sand floor. I don't think climbing over the walls would work either because they aren't very supported at that point. I'm a big guy, 6'7" 340lbs. Someone help me with this last piece to the puzzle. Thank you so much.

We had a few people helping when i did it twice for a friend. We put the smallest person in to finish the last area by the deck and then just pulled him out. If you are by youself, a little giant / gorrilla type ladder would work to get out and then you could reshape the 2 spots where the ladder feet were from the outside with a broom.

I would leave a step ladder by the pool (how did you get in anyways?) And when you're done, pull the ladder over the wall n get out. You can cut cardboard from the liner box n put iit under the ladder feet to keep it from going into the sand base when you step on it. You can fish the cardboard out later.

I would use a gorilla ladder to get in with to smooth out the sand base and setup the liner. But once the liner is hung I will still be in the pool walking around it kicking it against the walls while the shop vac sucks out the wrinkles. At that point if I put a ladder in the pool, it will go on top of liner and I'm afraid it will puncture the liner. Not so worried about the sand cause yes I could fix that from the outside but all videos I have watched show someone in the pool till the entire bottom is filled. But THEY NEVER SHOW HOW THEY GET OUT! Or most videos I've seen they have a deck next to the pool and they just climb out. I do have a deck along one end, a metal one but in order for me to get to the top rail and get the liner over the wall on that section, I have to remove the deck of it to access that top rail.

Attachments

• 20200523_150756.jpg
    20200523_150756.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200523_150741.jpg
    20200523_150741.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200523_150722.jpg
    20200523_150722.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200523_150712.jpg
    20200523_150712.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 12
6'7" 340lbs I think I'd find a little guy and you could lift him out like a baby ?
Problem I'm finding with getting a small person, smallest would be my 11 yr old son who is 5'4" 150 lbs, is I don't trust anyone to do this properly. The saying is "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself". So I'm a bit confused. I know this might be a stupid question but this is the only piece of the process I can't figure out. ?

Reactions: Casey
I just installed a pool today with a couple CO friends n the one is over 6ft n he hoisted me out rather easily. I have steps though that we put in after setting the liner to enter n exit the pool.

Does anyone know if I can replace my liner with an over the wall liner? I have 18' x 24' x 52" deep pole pool j hook liner. Some places say I can replace it with an over the wall and just add coping strips and other places say I need a specific liner made for a pole pool. Why can't I just get one straight answer. Someone help please? Thank you

Attachments

• 20200602_111610.jpg
    20200602_111610.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200602_111629.jpg
    20200602_111629.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.