Liner Fading!!!!!!!

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Vinyl liner&low calcium Hardness....I see on here were calcium hardnees has no affect on a vinyl liner..What is your opinion on fade of the liner??My wife wanted a dark liner..I was not for the dark because I thought it would fade..well it did..The liner bottom started fading the week I put it in with just a little water.Now you can see the water line were it has faded...I bought the liner of the internet from poolliners.com...My calcium is low!!!

Hey Kplaster...any idea what your levels are? Never heard of low calcium bleaching a liner...but it's pretty easy to raise your calcium level if that what you want. Hopefully it's not a liner defect? Our boulder print (dark blue) liner is two years old now and has not faded a bit...and I keep my FC on the high side too...so I'm stumped :scratch:

Hopefully no one has been throwing pucks or excessive bleach in the pool? Sorry to hear about your problem though and hope it stops!

My number's are fine...My calcium down around 50 the last time I checked...The funny thing is the couple of week's when I started putting the liner in I had put water in it to check to see if was going to leak..I wasn't happy with the install so I drained the water out..So in a week's time it had faded the bottom I have the dark blue dolphin liner..So now the side's have faded all the way up the water level..The bottom faded with just water no chemical's..Any way I was just wondering..I'm not happy with the liner..Had to much slack in the wall's..I was so done with it I just left it like it was ..I have to blame myself..I'm so hard headed I couldn't wait to get some help!!!!My number's on my pool are alk-80,Total clorine :1.5,,ph-7.4..cya-30...has of Sunday...Added water to pull sunday cleaning...My clorine was back up to 5 this morning...I really like the bbb method..But alway's wonder about the bleach fading liner..I read alot that it has no affect on it..But,I alway's wonder!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.