Liner age and re-streching

cj133

May 6, 2018
NJ
I've always read that once a liner is installed you need to keep the pool full or the liner will shrink and likely not -re-strech.

Can anyone provide a little more detail on that? I.E. how old is old? Would a 4 month old liner likely be fine if removed and reinstalled? Are there any tricks that can be done to keep it from shrinking aside from keeping it install and water in it?

I'm asking because a good friend has a situation that will require the liner being removed probably for a week or two at one point and he's trying to decide when to do it, and if he'll need a new liner.
The liner in question is a Swimline "40 gauge" unibead simply hooked over the wall of the pool.

He's going to need a new liner. Having it hold water for 4 months and then draining for 1-2 weeks... I don't see that liner making it. I filled a pool and turned around to drain it and it didn't take long for it to shrink. JMO

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.