Lightning and Power Surges

Aug 28, 2018
Oakland, FL
I have been in my house for 19 years and have had the pool equipment hit about as many times, I live on a lake in Florida with a two story pool cage, I have an Hayward Ecostar with Hayward Oncommand controller and solar heat, I have sunk additional grounding rods doubled up to get extra deep, surge protector on main panel and one on pool panel I have even had the pool panel breaker off and still managed to get zapped so thinking maybe coming from ground somewhere somehow, I have not been able to find a fix for this so hoping someone on this forum has had this experience and found a solution. Thank you in advance for any help and advice.
Rick

Welcome to TFP.

I think you have done all you can short of disconnecting every wire from all equipment before every storm.

The problem is sensitive integrated circuits used in electronic equipment can get zapped by voltage created by the lightning strike and picked up by wires. One member here had various wifi equipment zapped during lightning from Dorian.

I think your extra deep ground rods may hurt you, not help you, and pickup stray voltage.

Welcome to TFP.

I think you have done all you can short of disconnecting every wire from all equipment before every storm.

The problem is sensitive integrated circuits used in electronic equipment can get zapped by voltage created by the lightning strike and picked up by wires. One member here had various wifi equipment zapped during lightning from Dorian.

I think your extra deep ground rods may hurt you, not help you, and pickup stray voltage.
Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.