Lighting

stevenb46

Feb 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Hi,

We are considering adding lighted sheer descents. Our PB is not a custom builder, but they have their limits on what they will do. We are getting 2 x 5' sheers, they will replace that with 2 x 4' LED sheers for not such a nominal fee. I haven't seen these in person, they don't seem that impressive for the videos I've seen on youtube. I've not seen them in person. Do you think its worth it? As far as lighting up water features, what do you suggest. We are getting the 2 sheers, a 8' rain features, and a couple 6" scuppers. I was thinking of under cap landscape lighting, I'm open to other ideas? Any other pool features you wish you would've got when you built your pool or that you think is really cool?

Really cool water features and lights are really cool the first season when you show them off. After that they usually become infrequently used, ignored, and eventually maintenance problems. I think most people feel they should have got less, not more after a few years of pool ownership.

Simpler is better long term. One person’s opinion.

Reactions: PoolGate
Steven,

Obviously, it is your pool and you can build it anyway you want... But, I agree with Allen. Also, keep in mind that the bigger the sheers, and the more water features you have, the more noise they will make and the faster you will have to run your pump to make them work, which is even more noise.

I have a very simple waterfall wall with three "rock ports" or scuppers. I liked it for about an hour... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.