Light Replacement

Tubbs

Nov 20, 2021
Las Vegas
Going to replaster with Pebble Sheen in Feb. just signed the docs and put down the deposit. I am going to replace the pool and spa light since the replaster guy wanted $400 for new bulbs and gaskets on the 20 year old fixtures. I am considering the Pentair Intellibrite 5G lights. I don't know the brand of the current lights so not sure if the Pentair IB light will fit the Niche? I want to get the lights ordered and have them on hand when they drain the pool so I don't have any supply chain issues. Will these Pentair lights fit most Niche's? If not can a Niche be replaced? I am pretty handy when it comes to dealing with R&R of concrete as I have 35+ years in the concrete cutting business. I don't want or need color changing lights. Is there other LED light options I should be looking at?
Thanks in advance for your help!!
EDIT to add this is a 120V system ran from a Aqua Link RS8

Last edited:
If you don't want colors, you can 100% save money by getting plain white LEDs. I think you can save even more by getting iridescent bulbs still, but of course they'll use more electricity. Of course, this is all without being able to even check on prices anymore, since no one even lists prices or stock right now... What's important is what your PB can get and at what price.

My pool was done in the 80's I believe, and they had no issues with the new Jandy lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.