Sacramento
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi — we’re three weeks in to a new pebble pool (Adams Pebble Plus), and our pool builder contract includes first month start up and maintenance by a local company. The guy hasn’t been here since last Wednesday. Friday and Saturday with the simple starter kit I got readings of ph 6.& or below 6.8; non detect for chlorine (clear); and total alkalinity turned red (not green) right away after five drops of 20, never had to add 30.

I left a message today asking “is this purposeful” and “can you come,” But wondering whether these levels are negligent and if so how much. In terms of surface damage during startup, equipment damage, etc.

Pebble plus start up instructions are less strict than pebble tec, which demands a certain acceptable start up range for the first 28 days. But plus says ph 7.2-7.6, 80 ppm total alkalinity, plus specifics for CH and CYA.

Note: It will be a salt pool after start up. No salt allowed for 28 days, interim chlorine range supposed to be 1.5 to 3 ppm. Is there no chlorine now because they’re going to transition to salt?

Thanks!

You need your 3 ppm of chlorine in the water or algae will take hold..

pH should be in the 7s.

Always!

What is your CYA level?

What test kit are you using?

Thanks! Cheapo 5-way (pool style?) without CYA. Thinking I should go get the Taylor with the CYA and calcium hardness tomorrow morning. Maybe I was naive to trust the company to be “on it.”

The startup page says CYA should be 30-50 and calcium hardness slowly adjusted from 80 to no more than 200.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.