Leveling for a 18' intex ultra pool

Madji

May 30, 2019
se Pa
Hi all, I have just joined, here's my dilemma, I did what everyone said not to: put fill in the low spot/half of the 18' circle, now I need to set the posts. Can I correct my mistake by customizing the heights of the paving blocks placed under the legs, meaning that I will go all the way down to the original soil at the lowest point, so that the paving block is supported by original soil. Our soil is heavy clay. This means that the liner itself will be on the area that is part fill. I don't know how much of the weight/force is done by the legs versus the liner. The high to low was a matter of 6" difference.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

The forums advice is to lower the high side and not use fill. Having the legs supported down to original soil may help keep the top of the pool level, although the liner will be putting most of the weight on the ground. So while the frame may stay level, the bottom of the liner may compress the fill (if not properly compacted) and make the bottom uneven. I would also be concerned about the fill washing out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.