Let’s See Your DIY Aerators 🤗😎

JustWater

Silver Supporter
May 16, 2020
New Windsor, NY
Figured I had nothing better to do while I attempted the aeration method for reducing my TA. Used Mauriac Acid to reduce my Ph from 7.7 to 7.0. Now the waiting game. Here’s what I came up with using my vacuum hose, a length of PVC and a plastic iced tea bottle.

Attachments

• 24F3D95B-FABF-41E9-80AC-F94E44E94B91.jpeg
    24F3D95B-FABF-41E9-80AC-F94E44E94B91.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 56
  • D3BC65A5-25CA-4D92-A486-B10891394A17.jpeg
    D3BC65A5-25CA-4D92-A486-B10891394A17.jpeg
    891.9 KB · Views: 55
Holy water-cannon, Aquaman! Nice!! Mine are embarrassing by comparison. But, like you, I was only using mine to bring down TA when I first filled the pool, and they worked for that. Haven't used them since... Others here are trying to use theirs to cool their pool. I'll have to send 'em here.

`aerators.jpg

Reactions: JustWater
Well, if I don't use all of them, one will just kinda drool, at least in my pool, because all my returns are on the same pipe. I needed all three the same to equalize the pressure enough to get them to spray... Even then I had to crank my pump up pretty good. The downside is that kinda ruins the circulation, the water wasn't swirling around the pool like it does when the eyeballs are in place. So it's a trade off.

How bad is your TA? One of the mods here was monitoring my efforts at the time, and warned me that I was way overthinking my TA, and that after pouring in enough acid to satisfy my acid-hungry new pebble, the TA would stabilize on his own. This was back when I had to challenge everything I was learning here, but once I played along I found he was right, it came down just fine. And has stayed stable ever since.

Thanks again Marty (@mknauss) for being so patient with me back then (and still!!)...

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.