Let The Fun Begin!

elwood58

LifeTime Supporter
Starting construction on our 3rd Shasta Pool! Sold our old house to my Brother, and bought another house. Huge yard but no swimming pool. So far there are just a bunch of lines in the dirt.

19000 Gallons
Modified L, with the L being a big 2nd Step Baja
Deck Jets
Dual Skimmer
LED Lights (Main Pool and Baja)
Pentair Pump (Variable Speed), Cartridge Filter (Huge), IntelliChlor IC-40, IntellipH, Heater/Chiller
In Floor Pop-Up Cleaning System
Dedicated Suction Port for Vacuum
Lots of Deck, with one area large enough for future Armada.

Looking forward to going through this process one more time.

Elwood,

I could not help but notice your signature which says... "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

My saying is "Those that can do, while those that can't become QC/QA Managers... :cool:

What made you decide on an in-floor system? When the only choice for cleaning was between a pressure side or suction side cleaners, then in-floor was also in the running. But with today's electric powered robots, water powered cleaners are similar to the old-Black Rotary Dial phones, technology wise.

Thanks for posting, and good luck with your new pool build.

Jim R.

It seems that folks in the west, particularly in AZ, seem to benefit from these in floor cleaners the most. I understand that the dusty environment is a big problem for pools there and this device helps clear that away.

Otherwise they're not particularly well thought of for cleaning the other schmutz from what I've read. You know, leaves and such?

At least that's *my* understanding :jocolor:

Yip :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The 2nd step Baja is 10X12 and has 2 foot stairs hidden in the side by the wall. There is also a single step into the Baja. I did not want steps that extended into the main pool, as they take up a lot of space. The main pool is 15X30 and is 4, 5, 4 for the depth profile. The Baja will be approx 18" deep.

The design is my own, as by the time we got to the third pool, we had a pretty good idea what we wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey that looks like a real pool now! LOVE It! What a exciting day! Did they have any suggestions or ideas?

Kim:kim:
No suggestions, but it is being built to my own design. The measurements came out shockingly exact. They did ask me if I wanted to man the Shotcrete nozzle. I declined. I am a decent Forman, but have no desire to touch the tricky parts.

Can I ask the dimensions of your pool? We are in the final stages of planning our L shaped and trying to figure out length and width. Our Baja shelf is the same as yours. You don't have steps? Or I'm just not seeing them? Thanks!

The 2nd step Baja is 10X12 and has 2 foot stairs hidden in the side by the wall. There is also a single step into the Baja. I did not want steps that extended into the main pool, as they take up a lot of space. The main pool is 15X30 and is 4, 5, 4 for the depth profile. The Baja will be approx 18" deep. All "IN WATER" edges are lined with 2X2 Tile set in a diamond configuration. This tends to minimize people stepping off of edges they did not see, or kids jumping in at the bench end of the pool.

The design is my own, as by the time we got to the third pool, we had a pretty good idea what we wanted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.