Leslie’s Ughhhh

Larissa31

May 8, 2020
Conroe
I’ve never had issues as I have had this year. Last Sunday we uncovered our pool. Brown. So had the water tested. Told it needed chlorine. Took another sample in Monday then was told I needed an algae treatment. Another sample Tuesday and said I had copper. Then last Friday went to a different store. The girl wanted us to drain our pool and start over. Our pool is 14,000 gallons and we are on a well. So she had me purchase jacks Magic blue. By the next day it was clearing. So I take a new sample I yesterday. My copper is still showing but she said it should lower and then had me buy other stuff to get OH, CYA, and phosphates right. It’s been a week and yes it’s clearing up. But I can’t keep spending 100.00 everytime I go in that place. Any suggestions? Yesterday we added the Soda Ash and shock. Today Added hardness plus and tomorrow Phos free. Any suggestions?
I have an above ground 14,000gallon pool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 34
Eww... here are your steps to recovery:

1. Stop going to Leslies, unless it is to return any of their magic potions they sold you.
2. Order you own test kit, recommend the TF100 kit

while waiting on your test kit:
3. read up on pool school
4. Buy liquid chlorine (from Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
5. Add half a gallon of liquid chlorine a day (assuming it is 10%)

once your test kit gets here:
6. Post your full results
7. Prepare to SLAM if you have algae

Reactions: Mdragger88
Eww... here are your steps to recovery:

1. Stop going to Leslies, unless it is to return any of their magic potions they sold you.
2. Order you own test kit, recommend the TF100 kit

while waiting on your test kit:
3. read up on pool school
4. Buy liquid chlorine (from Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
5. Add half a gallon of liquid chlorine a day (assuming it is 10%)

once your test kit gets here:
6. Post your full results
7. Prepare to SLAM if you have algae

thanks! Never have I had such a problem. Each time it’s 100.00 at least. Is there a certain website to order the test kit?

Larissa, here at TFP we advise folks to never put anything in their pool water that they don't know what it does, why you need it and afterwards test to confirm it met the goal you expected from it.
By having your own reliable drop based test kit that we endorse (and their are but two) we know we can trust the results you get from using it. I also trust and use the TF-100. Best kit for the price. www.tftestkits.net

Leslie's was grasping straws (expensive ones at that!) telling you what you needed. And much of what they sell is NOT needed- case in point is PhosFree for phosphates. Most of us ignore phosphates because we know that as long as we have the proper amount of free chlorine in the water we won't have algae. Phosphates are "algae food"....so if you don't have algae who cares if their food is available or not? Save your money.

You do seem to have a high level of copper- perhaps from using copper containing algaecides?? This has potential to cause blonds to turn green haired and some stains to your pool. Has that been a problem for you? Over time since you are on well water you can try to collect rain water in your pool to dilute/replace the copper laden water with. Just drop an inch or so of water out each time you expect a belly washer storm and let it refill your pool. Free water! No chemicals or copper! :party:

It would help us if you could fill out a signature line (see under "Settings") with details about your pool, how you sanitize, your equipment, ect. Is this an above ground or inground pool?? Plaster? Vinyl or Fiberglass??

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: carnivalday
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.