LED Pool Light Trouble

B_A_T

Jun 25, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Fairly new IG pool owner here, we purchased the home in October and have a 32' x 16' fiberglass in ground with Hayward equipment and automation. Saturday I noticed one of my LED lights (1 of 3), were out. On Monday when I turned them on again it came on for about 1 minute and then went out. Do you suspect a bad LED? Do I need to drain below the level of the lights to repair?

Lastly here is a pic, can anyone identify it and/or offer suggestions on what it is for replacement and how it might be replaced?

TIA

BAT

fullsizeoutput_1a04.jpeg

That has happened to me because water gets into the fixture and the Led goes bad. Based on my experience you should call an electrician who has experience with pool lights.
Thanks for the response, I can handle the electrical aspect and was looking for a bit more direction on how to actually take it apart so i can get a part number to order a new one. And, do I need to drain below the level of the light to do so.

Thanks for the response, being a noob on this IG stuff I am still trying to learn the ins and outs. I am guessing the inner portion (with the 3 slots), is what I would attempt to un-screw. Now, just gotta find the junction box in case I need to replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.