Leaving for Vacation for 2 Weeks

Aug 3, 2018
NJ
Hi folks, still somewhat of a pool newbie! Have been using the BBB method and love it!

Quick question for all you expert's! Located in the North East so it's still in averaging in the mid 60's every day, low 70's very occasionally. I will be headed out of town for a few weeks, gone for approximately 14 days. We decided to open our poor prior to Memorial so that it's ready to go (for the most part) once we return. My question to you all is, are there any tips in particular I should take so my pool isn't a total wreck when I return?

My neighbor said he'll empty the skimmer basket every few days to keep that clean. Is it simple as me loading up the chlorinator with pucks (wouldn't normally use but figured since I'll be gone for so long), running it on medium and running the pump for it's regular course until I return?

I know it'll desperately need a vacuuming when I return I'm sure but any tips so chemistry isn't a total wreck when I get back? Any numbers I should elevate a bit a day or so before I leave? Thanks so much!

It would help us to know the type of pool you have. Please put details of your pool in your signature.

If your pool can take the CYA then pucks for 3 weeks will keep it chlorinated.

How stable is the pH?

Those are the two things to be concerned about while you are enjoying your vacation.

What is your TA?

If using trichlor, they are acidic. So if TA and pH are both lower, then add some baking soda to get TA to 70+.

Hi folks, still somewhat of a pool newbie! Have been using the BBB method and love it!

Quick question for all you expert's! Located in the North East so it's still in averaging in the mid 60's every day, low 70's very occasionally. I will be headed out of town for a few weeks, gone for approximately 14 days. We decided to open our poor prior to Memorial so that it's ready to go (for the most part) once we return. My question to you all is, are there any tips in particular I should take so my pool isn't a total wreck when I return?

My neighbor said he'll empty the skimmer basket every few days to keep that clean. Is it simple as me loading up the chlorinator with pucks (wouldn't normally use but figured since I'll be gone for so long), running it on medium and running the pump for it's regular course until I return?

I know it'll desperately need a vacuuming when I return I'm sure but any tips so chemistry isn't a total wreck when I get back? Any numbers I should elevate a bit a day or so before I leave? Thanks so much!
i just got back from a 2 week vacation. i was loosing about 1.5ppm per day. slam level for my cya of 60 is 24ppm. so i took the pool to slam level with bleach, added two pucks to the inline feeder for safety.
upon return, my chlorine tested at 10ppm?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.