Leaves and Pressure Side v. Robot Cleaner

Baylor840

Jun 1, 2020
Burleson, Texas
Hi All!

Long time reader, first time poster. New build just started in Texas (DFW). I hope to start a true build thread soon, but had a quick question - PB is suggesting pressure-side over a robot cleaner due to the large number of leaves that will find their way into my pool due to a heavily treed lit. Implying that the robot won’t deal with the leaves as well. What are your thoughts on that logic?

Thanks!

Homebrewale

Apr 21, 2020
Apex, NC
This is my first year owning a robot. The basket on the Warrior SI will hold as many leaves as the Polaris 360 that I had. The rectangular opening on the Warrior is longer but slightly less wide than the round opening on the Polaris. Neither will suck up sweet gum balls which is one problem in my pool. Other more experienced people will come along but my limited experience with the robot indicates it will do fine with the leaves.

Reactions: Baylor840

rumcglot

Silver Supporter
Feb 13, 2019
Texas
I get a lot of live oak leaves and use a pressure-side Polaris 360 to get them out. Works pretty well, but can be a little finicky. The previous owner had an old robot that they used, but it broke soon after I became the owner.

So... my guess is that either will work sufficiently.

This year, I also bought a leaf gulper that works with a water hose. Jury's still out on it, though. I bought it late in the season.

Reactions: Baylor840

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Most people on this site prefer robots. I have a Polaris 380 pressure side cleaner and it does a pretty good job with leaves that the skimmer doesn't skim out.