Leaky Spa

Hoots711

Silver Supporter
May 21, 2018
Souderton
Hey guys, just want to get a few more eyes looking at our issue to make sure everything makes sense.

Here is a link to the build completed last summer. New Rectangular In Ground Build (in progress) Eastern PA

My builder closes and opens the pool for the first year using a local pool care company and in turn we used that company for winter watch (10 visits, approx every 2 weeks) and Im glad we did.

Within the first few visits we saw the spa water level dropping. They plugged and replugged to isolate the leak to the spa light. We had issues with the spa light right after the pool was filled (light fell into the spa... never properly secured). Every visit they would try something else (putty and seals) but then the real cold weather came along with the ice. Their determination was to stop filling the spa and address it when the weather warms up. The water has maintained about an 1 inch or 2 above the light for a month. Pool level has been staying at tile line so we dont think there are issues with the main body.

Im concerned bc my builder could really care less...even though he is responsible for the warranty. If i dont stay on top of it, it wont get fixed. Especially once spring starts. So the spa must have leaked from fill (july 1st) but we never knew bc it rained so much (I had to remove water from pool multiple times)

I dont want them to fill it and declare it fixed bc i doubt Ill be able to confirm it with the PA rain we will probably get all season long.

Should i be alarmed? (incoming naive statement...) how hard can it be to water seal a light cavity? The trust factor is not really there for me w our builder so I just want to make sure this doesnt sound like a bigger issue that they could be dragging out. Hopefully im just being over cautious... Any opinions or steps i should take? We want to open in April which isnt that far off.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.