Leaking water from fittings

Jun 5, 2017
Greensboro
Hello, I have 2 main issues.
I have a Summer Waves 14ft x42 in pool. This is the 4th summer and we are trying to limp along as it is hard to fine pools affordably. First summer the basic pump died and I replaced with a intex 2500 GPH pump.

1. It took some interesting plumbing of the new lines to the old, but it worked great for 2 summers with no leaking. The hoses started leaking coming out of the original pump housing and into the reducer that is on the plunger valve connected to the pump.
I am not sure if I need to use some sort of pvc hardline to set stop the leaks.

2. The pump seems to be struggling and I can’t tell if t is from the water leaks or if the pump is slowly dying. I have not had enough pressure coming out of the water jetting back in to run my Intex pool vacuum and not enough suction to use the original vacuum.

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• 97094450-852D-490E-A545-19F1AF012A66.jpeg
    97094450-852D-490E-A545-19F1AF012A66.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 8
  • B9F6B093-8D8B-43DC-8BCB-CF27DF9ABF68.jpeg
    B9F6B093-8D8B-43DC-8BCB-CF27DF9ABF68.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 8
Sometimes it's just tough to get an ideal seal around those band clamps, especially if the two parts being joined together aren't a perfect match already. But if it's just a small drip, it may be fine for a while.

The loss of water pressure is a separate matter. While it's easy to suspect the pump, I would recommend posting a full set of water test results. Good water test results from a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C test kit often times reveal a chemistry problem that is clogging the filter. By the way, when you clean the filter does the water pressure get better for a while?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.