Leaking liner and draining pool, help please.

Jan 27, 2018
Mobile, Al
Hello All,
So we have had to patch our in-ground pool liner several times this past summer due to its' deteriorating state. Last week a large hole (softball size) developed in the corner of the shallow end. I ended up draining the shallow end in order to patch it but the liner is entirely to brittle at this point and unrepairable.

Are there any issues with keeping the water low until we have our new liner installed which could be several months? That is if they will install a liner during winter season? We live in south Alabama so maybe not an issue? The pool is approximately 20yrs old and I believe the sides are made of plywood but not completely sure. It has a sand bottom.

Thanks,
Ralph

Hi Ralph! :wave: As long as you can keep a good amount of water in the pool to stabilize the shell you should be okay. The more the better, but no less that a couple feet if possible. My only other concern in AL would be your water table. This time of year, if your water table has risen, a lighter pool is more susceptible to uplift. Just another reason to keep as much water in there as you can. At least the tear is in the shallow end. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.