Leak in pool with leak detection company coming to repair

homegameroom

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2015
Sunrise,FL
I’m not too concerned about the stains on the pool wall. They really aren’t very noticeable when it is full- and, since it is freshly drained, I should have taken care of it before it was drained!

homegameroom

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2015
Sunrise,FL
Ohhhhh. It looks much better in person than it does in the picture! There is a lot more blue in the patch than shows up on the picture Hopefully it will photograph better when the pool is full.....

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I am loving what I see so far! The effort they are going to to make it very even and tidy looking is what is going to make it look awesome in the end. You might even be able to find a bigger drain color to cover it if you want......Look what I found!! Polaris Unibridge Main Drain Cover, White #5820 for sale online | eBay

BUT with the care they are using I bet you will not even need this!

Kim:kim:

homegameroom

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2015
Sunrise,FL
There is a strange mottling on the walls- it is really not that noticeable when full, so I hope my OCD does not take over. I’ll just follow the instructions that @kimkats gave me if it does.

The water meter says I’ve added 1670 gallons in the past 2 1/2 hours. If my pool volume estimates are correct, I may need to get up at 4am to turn the water off.

Attachments

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
Mental note: get a filter for the drinking water and/or drink more beer. The water looks kind of green...

Water is wierd like that. White fiberglass and plaster pools can have a blue tint, and its not just the sky, my white acrylic bathub does it also.

homegameroom

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2015
Sunrise,FL
Lol Kim! Waaaay too many times! I thought it might be done at 2-3am, so I set an alarm for every hour.
The upside to having tepid “cold” water is that the pool is 76!
The repairs are noticeable, but I’ll see what they look like when the water blues up a bit from it’s current green hue.

Attachments

homegameroom

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2015
Sunrise,FL
Lol!!! That's a GREAT idea!!!

The upside to having the pool drained was that every little rust spot that was on the bottom is now cleaned up. There weren't many, but they are gone now.