LEAK AT TOP OF FILTER/MULTI PORT VALVE

NB_80

Mar 19, 2020
SOUTH LOUISIANA
:oops::oops::oops:HELP**** When I got home from work yesterday the had water spraying from the top of the sand filter(tan top) where it means the valve port(black top). I turned the breaker off around 6pm and its been off ever since. The filter was purchased brand new in 2018 and just installed after a pool overhaul in May 2019. So its been less than a year operating. Please tell me there is a cheap easy fix...
*Hayward Pro Series MODEL: S244T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200319-095448_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200319-095448_Gallery.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 17
Welcome! :wave: We'll get you some more info shortly. But for now, can you switch the handle to recirculate? If so, that would allow water to bypass the filter and allow you to keep water moving and add chlorine to avoid an algae issue later. If so, do that and consider increasing your FC level a bit more in preparation for maintenance. Refer to the FC/CYA Levels so you know how high you can increase the FC based on your current CYA level.

We'll get back to you.

Can you see exactly where the water is coming from?

Look closely at the tank neck under the clamp for any cracks in the tank.

Can you post close up pictures?

What is the filter pressure?

What pump do you have?

Ok thanks! I will try that when I get home and give an update! :fingers crossed:

Welcome! :wave: We'll get you some more info shortly. But for now, can you switch the handle to recirculate? If so, that would allow water to bypass the filter and allow you to keep water moving and add chlorine to avoid an algae issue later. If so, do that and consider increasing your FC level a bit more in preparation for maintenance. Refer to the FC/CYA Levels so you know how high you can increase the FC based on your current CYA level.

We'll get back to you.

The FILTER is Hayward - W3S244T Pro Series 24" Sand Filter with 1 1/2" Top Mount Multiport Valve and the PUMP is Hayward - W3SP2607X15 Super Pump 1-1/2HP Single Speed Pool Pump, 115/230V. The water is coming from where the clamp connects the tank to the multi port valve. I will get better pics and pressure when I get home.

Can you see exactly where the water is coming from?

Look closely at the tank neck under the clamp for any cracks in the tank.

Can you post close up pictures?

What is the filter pressure?

What pump do you have?

If the tank hasn't cracked, there's a big o-ring between the top of the tank and the multi position valve. Try tightening the big double C-clamp at the bottom of the valve a little and see if the leak get less pronounced. Be careful not to over gorilla the clamp!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.