Leak at Seal Plate of Pool Pump

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I keep having an issue where pine needles are getting into my pump impeller. After cleaning them out the other day, I noticed a lot of water on my lawn the following morning. I've never previously had any leaks. I disconnected the seal plate (I think that's what it's called) and reseated it multiple times. The o-ring seems fine. It is still leaking, and after disconnecting it this morning, I noticed that there is a small chip at the bottom of the plate. It's hard to see, but it's noticeable if you look closely. It seems to be leaking in this spot, but I don't know if that is actually the cause. It's well under the o-ring, so I would think that part wouldn't matter much for sealing purposes, but I'm probably mistaken. I'm just trying to figure out the easiest way to correct this, as the impeller and motor are connected to this assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3187.jpg
    IMG_3187.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.