Leak at Pump Connector

Then it sounds like it's time to upgrade the plumbing somehow.

If you don't have a shutoff at the pool end, ram a carrot or a chunk of potato in to stop the water from gushing out.

thanks richard---not really much of a plumber so a whole new PVC setup might be out of question for me--i guess maybe just replace what's there?

does this look like same part? also not sure what that other white connector is on the left? do you think i need a new black hose too?

SP0723S - Hayward (WG) - BALL VALVE,TRIMLINE 2-WAY 1.5"MXSL WG

got it --thanks. last question i promise--the hose --should I be putting sealant on the connection between the hose and that connector (on the ball valve)-- i saw someone heating it up on another video, not sure if that's enough?
I think that hose is polyethylene, which not much sticks to. Probably just leave a gooey mess.

I never thought about heating. You could try warming that area up with the wife's blowdryer and then wrench on the clamps and see if that doesn't get it to seal before you head off to spend money.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.