leak around light

What is the best way to fix a leak around a light in a IG vinyl liner pool? The liner has pulled away from the light retaining ring in two places. The result is two holes about a 1/4"in diameter. I don't think a vinyl patch would work because it would have to over lap on top of the retaining ring. Currently I have the holes covered with the vinyl patch tape that came with the vinyl patch kit. Please advise.

Thanks,

Paul

Will I have to drain the water below the light to remove the ring? The section of the pool is only 2 feet deep which only leaves about 4 inches under the light. Can the water level be safely lowered to that level for a short period of time to repair the liner under the retaining ring?

Leave it filled up those glues and patch kits work better below water. The water pressure should keep the vinyl sandwiched to the wall. If you see the vinyl start to shift put the ring back on quickly. The flex sealer on the outside is a safer fix since you don't remove the ring

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.