Leaf Stains

r2pool2

Sep 23, 2020
OH
Just closed an inground white painted concrete pool a few weeks ago. I am brand new to this, only had the house a few weeks. A windstorm blew up our tarp cover and leaves got in the pool. There is a decent amount (not completely covered or piled) of leaves on the bottom. Do I need to worry about permanent stains? Removing the safety net and cover would be a chore given my current schedule and weather forecasts, but don't want to damage the pool. I am not worried about extra time in spring to clean water, only permanent stains or damage. Thanks!

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Leaves can stain. How tough those organic stains would be to remove later is hard to tell. Ideally, I would try to remove them since it's so early in the closing season. Easy for me to say though, I'm not the one doing it. :)

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Organic (leaf) stains can generally be removed with chlorine. I would clean them up as best you can and then add a good dose of chlorine (liquid).

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.