Las Vegas....Baby!!! yet another build (PB)

joshmonica

Silver Supporter
Apr 18, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
Hello all

I have enjoyed looking at these pool builds for many years and figure I should stop being lazy and post my own.

Background, new construction house, pool builder build. Yes it cost much more but unfortunately I didn't feel I had the time to commit and my wife was not thrilled about managing it. Was also easier just to have it done during the house build.

So pentair equipment, SWG, 3'6"-4'6" shallow end going to 8' deep. 7' square spa. deep end will have a jumping platform going 18" above ground level.

Here is the layout.

Still may need some help with photo posting...I have to rotate my images 360 degrees before uploading or they rotate 90. Also, from the above tool bar, I am choosing to insert images as opposed to the gallery images (Camera Icon) ... If I try the gallery images come across as thumbnail, If I choose insert image, I am able to click on image and make it full size.

Josh
layout.jpg

I LOVE that design and lay out! Looks very well thought out with a good flow.

What are your depths? Where will the lights be and how many?

Returns and skimmers-where and how many?

If you share a list of your equipment we will be able to make sure you get what you need.

I would LOVE to see where this pool is going to go! Do you already have the top porch with the stairway up to it?

Kim:kim:

House is finally nearing completion, only a 8-10 weeks away fingers crossed.

Pool is estimated to be 36,000 gallons, 3'6"-8' depth. 52' long including the wet deck, 20'6"wide, not including the recess into house nook. wet deck is 6' x 10', house side of deep end is all sitting bench.

I have 2 main lights, intellibrite color changing; one point from deep to shallow and the other shallow end pointing away from house.

2 globrite in the recess that tucks into house one along back wall the other on middle stepping stone

2 skimmers both on the same walls as the lights, 4 returns

Equipment
Filter: Pentair clean and clear plus 520
Pump: 3hp VS pentair- not sure which model, will need to check
SWG: Intellichlor IC60

Josh,

Just make sure any InteiilFlo you get is NOT the +SVRS model... IntelliFlos are great pumps, but the SVRS version has issues you don't want to deal with..

The IC60 is as big as Pentair makes, ... ok for your pool but still a little on the small side.

Do you plan on automation? Both the IntelliFlo and the IC60 are made to be controlled by an automation system.

Thanks for the feedback,

Jim R.

Thank you for the tip on the Intelliflo pump is there one you recommend?

Is there a better SWG for this size of pool?

Automation through Intellitouch, we only have the lights, spa, and infloor cleaning system. We didn't spring for any water features. We would like to add screen logic 2 onto the system, the Pool Builder says it will be an easy add on after the fact and not to get it now to avoid the developers' markup.

Kim, house "should" be finished in 8-10 weeks, It has already been delayed, I was supposed to be moving in already. But things seem to be moving along at a good pace now.

Josh

I'm a big fan of the Intelliflo XF. Its not much more than the other models (<$100) but it gives the ability to run more jets in the spa than the standard VS variety.

The IC60 is the biggest SWG Pentair makes so you are somewhat out of options unless you do double 40's or 60's. I don't think your pool is big enough to justify that though.

If it's not too late, I would remove the floor cleaning system altogether. Not only will this create a significant cost savings, your pump run time and electrical use will also decrease over the lifetime of the pool. Robotic cleaners do a fanstastic job at 1/10 (or more) of the cost of a floor cleaning systems and will allow a simplified plumbing design.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok so first major issue with the build. Pool Builder came out to layout the pool and says pool won't fit on our lot. Home Builder's response is the county measured the lot wrong. We are missing 4 feet on backyard. Pool Builder suggests moving pool 2 feet closer to house, and decreasing size of of wet deck 2' sucking the spa in closer in the process. That is a no go for me, I say just move the pool 4' closer to house, which will put it right outside of our deck support pillars. They are very reluctant as they said they didn't pour the footer in the proper way for that and moving it too close, we could get into the footers' spill out and collapse the deck. Already anger at the situation, I told them in no uncertain terms that they just need to make it happen, cause I am not altering the pool for their mistake. So, bottom line they ended up moving pool closer to house.

house 10:8:17 - 8.jpg

10:8 house 11.jpg

Here are some pictures of the dig. I wasn't able to be there to watch it happen but it took two days and I was able to be there each day after the work had stopped. Looks like it all went smoothly. Measurements all checks out. Last picture gives and idea of the slope along the back edge of yard.

pool dig 1.jpg
pool dig 3.jpg
pool dig 4.jpg

I love those house up there and we considered buying one but opted to go to the southwest because of the kids .
Would love to see more of the progress, also are you doing the pool as part of the house build through the builder?

Sorry for the delays in new posts. Building house is very frustrating and slow. Many delays and still not in the house yet.

Shotcrete was completed end of november and not much has been done since. Just last week the hardscaping was put in and 2 days ago pebble finish was applied. Pool is filling as I type. I will get some more pictures today.

pool shotcrete 3.jpg

pool new.jpg

Attachments

• another.jpg
    another.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 144

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.